Section 1. Introduction. 1.1 C# programming language
C# is a modern, general-purpose, object-oriented programming language developed by Microsoft and approved by European Computer Manufacturers Association (ECMA) and International Standards Organization (ISO).
It is designed for Common Language Infrastructure (CLI), which consists of the executable code and runtime environment that allows use of various high-level languages on different computer platforms and architectures.
The following reasons make C sharp a widely used professional language :
- It is one of the most popular programming language in the world.
- It is object oriented.
- It is component oriented.
- It is easy to learn and simple to use.
- It is a structured language.
- It produces efficient programs.
- It can be compiled on a variety of computer platforms.
- It is a part of .Net Framework.
- It has a huge community support.
- It is an object oriented language which gives a clear structure to programs and allows code to be reused, lowering development costs.
- As C# is close to C, C++ and Java, it makes it easy for programmers to switch to C# or vice versa.
Although C# constructs closely follow traditional high-level languages, C and C++ and being an object-oriented programming language. It has strong resemblance with Java, it has numerous strong programming features that make it endearing to a number of programmers worldwide.
Following is the list of few important features of C sharp :
- Boolean Conditions
- Automatic Garbage Collection
- Standard Library
- Assembly Versioning
- Properties and Events
- Delegates and Events Management
- Easy-to-use Generics
- Conditional Compilation
- Simple Multithreading
- LINQ and Lambda Expressions
- Integration with Windows
- Mobile applications
- Desktop applications
- Web applications
- Web services
- Web sites
- Database applications
- And much, much more!
We have got an idea about the C# programming lanuage. Let’s start to learn it step by step.
Thank you for reading.
Check for more tutorials at acoptex.lt.
Check for Arduino and Raspberry Pi projects on our website acoptex.com.